Wednesday 27 May 2015

To present or not to present.....



Suffice to say, I enjoyed working on my essay, Altmetrics, the new baby on the block. Presenting for me is easy, maybe it stems from years of lecturing. We had 15 minutes to present to the class on our topics, including question and answer sessions. My presentation had to be cut down considerably. I mean there's only so much one can talk about in 15 minutes. I had to sieve through all the pertinent issues and include that in a powerpoint.

Normally my powerpoint presentations are very simple, one word or sentence or picture. Having attended and facilitated powerpoint presentation workshops, "less is more" is the official mantra of any facilitator.

So the day or in our case afternoon dawned for presentations. I was taken aback to see how stressed the rest of my classmates were. My heart ached for them. The good news is we all rocked our presentations. It was very interesting to listen to each one presenting on a different topic, it was indeed a learning curve..


 For more information on do's and dont's of powerpoint presentation, check out this link on slideshare....http://www.slideshare.net/sudarsansahu/powerpoint-do-dont


Powerpoint do's & don'ts




3 comments:

  1. The presentations were very educative and interesting. I also enjoyed the questions after the presentation - so constructive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I believe we should have had more sessions like that. It was indeed a learning curve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. I believe we should have had more sessions like that. It was indeed a learning curve.

    ReplyDelete